Studying online offers students the flexibility to fit their studies around their personal commitments and lifestyle. The course is based around a 5 week structured online programme with a suggested 6 hours supplementary study time per week. There are no fixed online study times, so students may plan their study times to suit themselves.
Each week consists of a series of online activities, often based around group discussion, with an online tutor allocated to guide the students’ studies. A timed feedback test is provided at the end of each week for students to practice for the exam and assess their understanding of that week’s topics. Group tasting activities are also provided to familiarise students with the Systematic Approach to Tasting at Level 2.
Students register through us, thereafter will receive your WSET course materials and an email from WSET in London with instructions on how to login to the online global classroom.
- Spirits are not included in the cost of this course and although it will greatly enhance your learning experience, it is not compulsory to taste any spirits.
- Lessons are online but students are required to sit their examination with us in person.
- If either your course books or certificate are required outside of South Africa, please contact us for total course fees.
The WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits underpins the skills needed in all areas of the spirit trade – customer service, hospitality, retail and wholesale. The course covers the history, production and style of spirits of the world: Cognac, Armagnac and other brandies; Scotch, Bourbon and whiskeys; white spirits, including vodka, rum, Tequila, gin; and liqueurs and other flavored spirits.
Who is it aimed at
- People employed in the spirits industry needing basic information on the characteristics of the principal spirits and liqueurs of the world, to provide guidance on brand selection and assist with tasting and evaluating of spirits and liqueurs using the Systematic Approach to Tasting.
- People who are not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in spirits and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way.
There is a one hour exam at the end of the course that consists of 50 multiple choice questions. The pass mark is 55%.
|22 Jun - 26 Jul||TBA||Closed||Enrolment Closed|
|30 Sep - 02 Nov||TBA||13 Sep||Book|