Studying online offers students the flexibility to fit their studies around their personal commitments and lifestyle. The course is based around a 5 week structured online programme with a suggested 6 hours supplementary study time per week. There are no fixed online study times, so students may plan their study times to suit themselves.
Each week consists of a series of online activities, often based around group discussion, with an online tutor allocated to guide the students’ studies. A timed feedback test is provided at the end of each week for students to practice for the exam and assess their understanding of that week’s topics. WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits Online course covers the same syllabus as the classroom course with students attaining the exact same qualification.
Students register through us, thereafter will receive your WSET course materials and an email from WSET in London with instructions on how to login to the online global classroom.
- Wines are not included in the cost of this course and although it will greatly enhance your learning experience, it is not compulsory to taste any wine.
- Lessons are online but students are required to sit their examination with us in person.
- If either your course books or certificate are required outside of South Africa, please contact us for total course fees.
This course is an ideal introduction to the world of international wines and wine law and is suitable for beginners as well as people who have already studied South African wines.
Who it is aimed at:
- Wine enthusiasts who wish to acquire in-depth knowledge of wines and spirits and want to obtain an internationally recognised wine qualification.
- People employed in the drinks and hospitality industries with little previous knowledge of alcoholic beverages in particular international wines.
- People wishing to pursue a career as a sommelier and who want to learn more about international wines and wine styles before going onto accredited Sommelier qualifications.
There is a one hour exam at the end of the course that consists of 50 multiple choice questions. The pass mark is 55%.
|24 Mar -27 Apr||TBA||Closed||Enrolment Closed|
|14 Apr - 18 May||TBA||Closed||Enrolment Closed|
|12 May -15 Jun||TBA||03 May||Book|
|09 Jun -13 Jul||TBA||31 May||Book|
|07 Jul -10 Aug||TBA||28 Jun||Book|